ANEW offers the Trades Rotation Pre-Apprenticeship Program at Kent, WA and the PACE Pre-Apprenticeship Program at UW CERC, Magnuson Park/Sandpoint.
Our pre-apprenticeship programs feature an 11 week, high-quality training that give men and women an advantage while entering the construction trades. Our programs help youth and adults gain the technical skills needed to be competitive for an apprenticeship opportunity. ANEW’s program is unique. We partner with many registered apprenticeship programs in the Puget Sound Region and expose students directly to their training facilities. These training partners explain their industry, teach technical and math-related lessons, and emphasize the importance of fitness. Some programs come to our workshops and give one-on-one coaching. It’s like having a day-long interview and immediate connection to the leaders who select apprentices!
Eligibility Requirements for Trades Rotation Program
- 18 years of age or older
- GED or High School Diploma (or ability to finish before end of program)
- Valid WA State Driver’s License (or ability to reinstate license by end of program)
- Reliable Transportation
- Stable Living Arrangements
- Ability to pass a drug test
Students who succeed in our training demonstrate:
- They can be on time and keep scheduled appointments
- They can provide all requested documents for their assessment
- They are honest in their interview
- They could pass a drug test
- They express an interest and/or experience in construction trades or related nontraditional careers or hobbies
- Backgrounds are screened for income eligibility, citizenship verification, veteran status if applicable, and criminal history, if applicable
Required Steps for Entry:
Call 206-381-1384 to find out times and locations of information sessions.
Our next cohorts start dates:
Youth 18 – 24, Kent Location, begins August 6th
PACE Co-ed Cohort, Magnuson Park Location, begins August 20th
AEW Female Cohort, Kent Location, begins September 17th