We are looking for exceptional people to join our team!
ANEW improves people’s lives by providing quality training, employment navigation and supportive services leading to successful family wage careers. Founded in 1980, ANEW is the longest continuous running pre-apprenticeship program for women in the county and has a unique and successful reputation for assisting women into apprenticeship. Since inception ANEW has expanded its mission to continue to serve women, but to additionally serve other underprivileged populations in this space.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for general bookkeeping activities. In addition, this position will provide assistance to the Director of Operations.
Essential functions of the bookkeeper include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing basic accounting procedures (such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, time billing, payroll, general ledger, tax payments and inventory control)
- Providing information for financial statements (such as monthly and quarterly financial reports, and monthly forecasts summarizing current and projected financial position)
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Communicating with customers to address any past due invoices
- Providing other accounting assistance and support as requested
- Providing other operations assistance and support as requested