June 16, 2020:
The Youth Exploration Program “YEP” Program will be offering Virtual Summer Camps this year! What is unique about this virtual training? While students who sign up will be participating in Work Readiness Training through live-streaming, they will also be engaged in a virtual, hands-on, paid work experience. They will receive minimum wage for 40 hours of participation (if student is eligible). We will be sending tool kits and material to the students in order for them to participate.
While this is a paid work experience, the tools will have to be returned for future camp use. The return mail piece will be included when we send out their kits and material. The student and family will be responsible for returning items by mail back to ANEW. The product they create, and the paycheck they earn for “full-time participation” will be theirs to keep!
We are asking that students register for the camp week that works for them by June 26, 2020. The need to register in advance of the summer camp so that we can get tool kits and materials ordered and sent to the students prior to their scheduled camp. We are planning for these camps to start in August 2020.
How is a student eligible for our Summer Camp?
- They must be on either an IEP, 504 Plan or have a known documented disability, as verified by someone from the school on the consent form.
- Students must also be between the ages of 16-21.
- The student cannot participate once they are 22, only prior to that 22nd
- They must be a student going into the Fall semester.
- This could include a Transition program or post-secondary program if enrollment is verified by that institution.
Registration is required for summer camp.