Youth Career Exploration Programs
Updated December 14, 2020
Here at ANEW and The Youth Exploration Program (YEP), we understand that in the era of “COVID-19,”programming for your Virtual Students can be overwhelming and tedious. YEP is offering our Virtual Introduction to The Construction Trades 2021 starting January 13th, 2021. These classes will be between 1-2 hours in length, depending on the topic. With these virtual classes, your students will be introduced to:
- Introduction to The Trades: Carpentry, Cement Masons, Laborers, Ironworkers, etc.
- Safety on The Job Site: How to stay safe on a construction site
- Self-Advocacy: How to speak up for yourself. When to ask for assistance
- Informational Interviews: Someone from the trades discusses their trade and what it is like. Time for questions and answers for students
- Emotional Intelligence: Learn the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways.
You may have your students enroll in 1 or all 5 classes free of charge. If you have a class that is over 10 students, we will be happy to set up a private training for your class. If not, we will have students joining us from all over Washington State. This gives your student a chance to meet with and discuss matters/concerns with a diverse group of peers. We found that during our Work-based Summer Camp, students found new friends and new connections that wouldn’t have been possible without this virtual learning platform.
This is not a “Paid Program”, but it helps ready your students for the “Paid Work-based Summer Camp” in 2021.
Remember your student must have either an IEP or a 504 plan to be eligible for these classes. You will also need to work with you DVR Consultant to get their Pre-ETS forms complete, signed and submitted. We look forward to you and your students joining us next year.
Registration for each virtual class is required:
Introduction to The Trades:
Safety on The Job Site:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: [email protected]