Passport to Careers
Assistance for Former/Current Foster Youth and Unaccompanied Homeless!
The Passport to Careers program is designed to remove barriers for people in state-recognized apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs who have experienced foster care or homelessness, so that they can complete their apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship program. Passport to Careers covers occupational-specific costs (i.e. tuition for classes, occupation-related tools and clothing, electricity bills, etc.), and provides case management to help support apprentices and pre-apprentices with their long-term goals.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following four criteria:
- Currently 18-20 years old
- Have experienced foster care after age 13 OR homelessness within the last year
- Have earned a High School Diploma or GED
- Are in a state-recognized apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship program
*COVID-19 Update- Our staff is working remote Monday-Friday and is readily available to meet virtually or over the phone with you during this difficult time*.
What can we help with?
- Prepaid Phone
- Phone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Bus Pass
- Gas Cards
- Professional Clothing
- Work Clothing
- Work Tools
- Licensing Fees
- Emergency Services (Rent, Utilities, Car Repairs, etc.)
- Union Dues and/or Initiation Fees
- Apprenticeship Books and Tuition
To apply or more information/questions, please contact:
DeAunte’ Damper, Apprenticeship Navigator
Check us out on social media!