Apprenticeship Opportunities Project
Attention: AOP office is currently taking clients, by appointment, Mondays through Thursdays.
Since 1994, ANEW has operated the Apprenticeship Opportunities Project (AOP). AOP provides employment navigation, support services, and case management to anyone who is ready for a family wage career in construction.
AOP can help Washington state residents, male and female, who are unemployed or under-employed and seeking work in livable wage jobs or apprenticeships in these ways:
- One-to-one, personalized assistance on resumes, job and apprenticeship applications, and interviewing skills
- Links to livable wage construction job postings and current apprenticeship openings
- Direct connections to employers looking for qualified applicants
Limited Financial Assistance for qualified individuals:
- Initiation Fees
- Union Dues
- Tuition for Math Classes
- Work Clothes, Rain Gear, and Boots
- Occupation-Specific Tools
Minimum Qualifications to enroll in AOP include:
- Resident of Washington State
- 18 years of age or older
- Must meet financial qualifications
- Pre-apprentice or under-employed apprentice
Call us today to make an appointment: 425-390-7703 and ask for the AOP Department to be connected!
Fill out our enrollment form ahead of time here.