Apprenticeship Opportunities Project
Attention: The AOP office will be open during limited hours due to healthy and safety precautions:
Apprentices or those inquiring about financial and support services will need to visit our office in Renton during the following times:
Mon- Wed 7:30-11:30AM ONLY. Outside of these hours, we encourage everyone to dial 425-390-7703 leave a voicemail and we will return all calls within one business day.
AOP provides employment navigation, support services, and case management to anyone who is ready for a family wage career in construction.
Since 1994, ANEW has operated the Apprenticeship Opportunities Project (AOP)
AOP can help Washington state residents, male and female, who are unemployed or under-employed and seeking work in livable wage jobs or apprenticeships in these ways:
- One-to-one, personalized assistance on resumes, job and apprenticeship applications, and interviewing skills
- Links to livable wage construction job postings and current apprenticeship openings
- Direct connections to employers looking for qualified applicants
Limited Financial Assistance for qualified individuals, such as:
- Initiation Fees
- Union Dues
- Tuition for Math Classes
- Work Clothes, Rain Gear, and Boots
- Occupation-Specific Tools
Minimum Qualifications to enroll in AOP include:
- Resident of Washington State
- 18 years of age or older
- Must meet financial qualifications
- Pre-apprentice or under-employed apprentice
Call us today to make an appointment: 206-381-1384 and ask for the AOP Department to be connected!